Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Reflections: Thoughts of the younger "me"

A thought just occured to me when I was washing the dishes a moment ago. When I was washing and srubbing the dishes while having difficulty to breathe because of my runny nose, I remembered the stupid stories I told my classmates about going to school in Manila and the role playing I did when I was bored, I would wear stupid costumes and portray all the characters by myself (now that i think about it its really sad..T___T) my mom would make fun of me because I would talk to myself while playing, that really annoyed me, so I would frequently lock myself in my room and play (well..i still do some of these things, well except for the costumes that is..). DOn't worry, its not about my uttterly sad and dreadful childhood..hehehe..I had friends and played outside like a normal kid. 

Well, the main point is, when I was a kid, while lying on my bed before I would go to sleep, I've always thought if another me or many others were watching me, watching everyone doing what they do everyday. I thought, what if everything I have been experiencing and even myself were nothing but a dream, what if whatever I experienced were not real. What if there is another me which is sleeping right now and dreaming all these things. Then I wondered what would the real me look like, what does the other me do..After thinking this i remember becoming afraid, if I did wake up and find nobody there with me.. what would I do? where would I go?

For some reason, I have only remebered these thoughts just a moment ago, I wonder why I thought of these things when I was young? As I see it now, maybe what I though of was a bit true, everybody in this world are dreamers and no matter what we do, no matter how long we try to sleep, we always wake up. My point is, what if we really are dreaming, everything that we are experiencing are dreams, everything we do are dreams. What I'm saying is, death vague we can't think of anything else after, but what if..we dream, our other self is dreaming and simply when we wake up..we disppear from the dream that was reality for us at that time, when that time comes, that means we died...

Its weird for me to write this things on Christmas Eve but I just had the impulse to write it..sorry for confusing you..I even got confused myself..hehehe

But true or not..we should continue to dream,even if we knew we would wake up. In a way, if we do not dream, I don't call it as living. Because everybody dreams, everybody are dreamers.

0 comments: