Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Thai me up...



So, last Saturday we went to this new thailand restaurant in cagayan de oro City, called Thai me up, I never tasted or even heard of people talking about thai cuisine so I was a really pessimistic about the food and the restaurant itself which is why I'm writing this blog. Don't get me wrong, this is not a review of some sort because I really suck at making those, just consider this as a sharing of an experience or something like that. So, let's get this started before I go off topic again:


The restaurant is located at Capistrano-Mabini Street, so going to that part of divisoria (it is a part of divisoria right?) made me think, "is there such a space for this kind of restaurant in this part of the city? The restaurant must be small if its located at this part", so my eyes wandered from left to right trying to find the so-called restaurant, until finally I saw a certain lot, fenced in by strips of wood or bamboo of some sort which had a medium sized signboard which said: Thai me up and so we went inside and I was amazed to see that you could actually park inside the lot, although there weren't that much parking space I think if I remember correctly there are space for, this is just my estimate, 10-15 cars but still I was amazed and my pessimistic expectations were slowly shattered when I saw the restaurant itself.



me likeh glowing door~


We were welcomed by this neon violet/purple colored door which made me feel like I was going to some magical place (it felt like going inside the Aladin Movie..hahaha) and when we went inside, we were welcomed by soothing Bossa Nova music which I really love and in my opinion blended well with the atmosphere,  it was like coming inside a high class restaurant (I couldn't say 5 star or anything like that because I really haven't gone to those kinds of restaurants yet, so let's just say "high class") I really liked the ambiance of the place it felt warm and very relaxing there were a lot of lights but you don't feel that's it too bright, it was just right and when I looked up I feel in love with their ceiling, it had this chandelier like contraption (couldn't find anything better to campre it to..hehe) and the ceiling was decorated with flowers. I love how they decorated the place, it great but still simple. I'm going to have a hard time describing the place so let me just show you guys some pictures.



  XD






it was made that way, not broken or anything..i think..XD






I really wanted to sit there T__T






christmas tree..hahaha








So, there, I don't know about you guys but I really loved the place and honestly, I wanted to take more pictures but I was getting embarrassed, people were staring at me and I think I was giving the waiters and waitresses a hard time serving the customers' orders. So, when I sat down they were already done ordering, (I got busy taking pictures) I didn't even had a chance to look at the menu, so I had no idea what they ordered. The service was quite good, our orders arrived in just 12-15 minutes with a fair number of people. This was what we ordered.


 


thai me up cooler



bagoong fried rice(that garnish are mangoes)



pork spare ribs


flat noodles


beef in basil sauce


thai spring rolls


fried fish with SS (ss? special sauce?)

Those were what we had and I have to say, I love Thai food!!! I'm not a fried rice person but I really loved their bagoong fried rice and their  fried fish with "special sauce" (the taste still lingers in my mouth). Their thai coolers, which according to my dad was just a 4 seasons drink that was jazzed up was really refreshing and tasty. It was all delicious but according to my sisters and parents they weren't all that crazy with the spare ribs. After eating we rested for a while, comfort room breaks and etc, then we asked for the bill, (this part was a bit tense because my mom is really strict on budget and she didn't want to eat here in the first place) a dish would cost somewhere between 150Php -180Php (for what we had) so, we only spent 1,223Php for everything (I breathed a sigh of relief I honestly thought we would spend more). 


 



before




after

To sum it all up (this will be short because I'm starting to feel the urge to play settlers again), it was a night of shocking revelation, I'm really thankful for being pessimistic, hahaha, mainly because I underestimated the place too much (lesson learned, always underestimate a restaurant to have a great dinning experience). I really enjoyed the whole experience it was truly "appeThaizing".






0 comments: