Friday, January 1, 2010

Testing Windows Live Writer

Before I forget, Happy New Year guys! Hmmm..I got bored yesterday so I tried tinkering with the Windows 7 OS more specifically with the desktop gadgets and while I was looking for cool and handy gadgets that I could display on my desktop, I stumbled into this windows live download, which consists of a Movie Maker, Photo Gallery, Toolbar, Silverlight and Writer, which is the software that I’m using to create this post. This is the first time that I’m using this but honestly, I think its a really great tool for bloggers since you just have to click an icon on your desktop to create a new post on your blog, so far, I really like user interface, its very simple and the placement is very neat.


windowslivewriter
As, you can see on the right side of the screen of the image above, there is an option to insert stuff in your blog entry such as a hyperlink, picture, photo album, table, map, tags, video and you can also insert a plug-in. 

I just tried inserting an image, there are options and effects that you can use in inserting a picture such as the layout, size of the image, margins, the position of its text, the borders and etc.
Another thing I discovered is you can view and edit this blog entry using html.
windowslivewriter2
Well, I have yet to explore this tool and I hope that others will like this new (i think that its new is it?) software of Microsoft. It really makes blogging much more easier specially its image manipulation. It can support blogs such as, windows live, Blogger, Wordpress, LiveJournal, TypePad and many more. It even supports Windows XP OS. So, I’ll be ending here for today, I’ll be exploring this tool to see more of its feature.


If you want to learn more about this tool or download it, you can go to Windows Live Writer.

0 comments: