Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fair..Unfair

Well, there was this one time when I was heading home and I rode on this jeepney and I heard a conversation between two guys, I forgot what they were talking about but the other guy said "we can't do anything about it..Life is Unfair" then it hit me, is life really the one who's not fair? "Life is not fair" I'm sure everybody is familiar with this phrase and its counterpart such as "The world is not fair" or "The Universe is not fair" and etc., young or old, rich or poor everybody considers this as a fact. But does it really work this way? Is Life/The World/The Universe really out there to get us? I wasn't really gonna say anything about Life's fairness but then I heard it again when I was watching Dexter (not Dexter's laboratory..Dexter the serial killer..just google it XD) and I drew the line.

Let's look at the angle a little different, so, ok, we all know that there are different kinds of people out there right? rich, marginalized, smart, mentally challenged(dumb is such a harsh word..hehe), white ,black, good looking, physically challenged(ugly is such as harsh word..hehe) and etc. and when we are not smart or good looking or rich we say life is unfair but the truth is, we people are the ones giving others and ourselves labels, life didn't just close his eyes and picked the kid who was going to be the smartest or the super rich kid, we are who we are, if we remove the labels and accusations in the end we are just humans, humans that were given the opportunity to live. I'm not writing this post to preach about God's plans or reasons why we are created the way we are, I'm just giving my opinion(so please don't troll me..T__T). Others say that the reason why the world is unfair is to challenge us, to help us overcome our weaknesses and improve ourselves, but is that really the case?

If I make this post longer then I would have to pull my eyes out because I'm going zig zag with this topic, but what I'm trying to say is(wohoo~ finally we get to the point) I believe that life is fair, the universe is just, its the people living his/her life in this universe who are not. So, why are there people who are smart and people who are mentally challenged, good looking and physically challenged? because we made them so, it is human nature to label things which are different from them. Why are there people who are rich and marginalized? because there are some people who work hard and people who are just lazy(you see I'm labeling again..hehe) but there are marginalized people who wok hard, yes there are but they weren't given the opportunity by the other people living in this earth. There is a reason why there are a billion people on this earth, we are imperfect and for us to be perfect we have to work together(cue song about working together and stuff). Think about it, if we lose the discrimination, hate and greed, this world will be fair. *bow*

If you don't disagree or you have points you would like to share just comment(I said comment not troll me..) I'm sorry if it was roller coaster ride, I had a hard time explaining my point T__T again it is only my opinion don't stone me...

5 comments:

T22Gaming said...

If we define the word fair it means free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception, etc. Also, conforming with established standards or rules, etc. The world / life / universe, as we can see is in existent and is real. Applying the word fair or unfair for these subjects has either a definite meaning or has the "other" meaning. But it all boils down to one thing, our world is real, our lives are real, the universe is real. So definitely these things that we don't consider as "fair" are just mere outputs of illogical greed. It is like we want something that others have in which us, ourselves, we don't...:D And true, the world is fair. Those people that we envy because they have something that we want to have did everything to get it, and it is just that we did not know the "HOW" did they achieved it. Those people suffered, tried hard, failed several times, took the risk, in which we cannot do. And that's the time we say that "LIFE IS UNFAIR" which is totally STUPID!

Right Siks?

T22Gaming said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shikakage said...

yeah!!! i agree!!! *high five* The phrase "Life is unfair" is used as an excuse to failing and not getting what they want..

T22Gaming said...

Perfect! The thing is those people we envy just got there first before us! They just knew the secret to get there first, in which we are still searching. People who didn't and couldn't find the secret are the real losers. They are just there accepting their failures AND never moved on. They think that the war has ended and just say "Life is unfair". However, those people that we envy NEVER STOPPED. They failed several times and keeps pushing the button until they achieved it! That's why "KEEP MOVING FORWARD!" "KEEP THE FIRE BURNING!" hahahhahha

shikakage said...

indeed..keep moving forward..they just got there first..us not getting there today or tomorrow doesn't necessarily mean that we won't get there..in the end everything is up to us..we either make this life fair or we make it unfair..